? Help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AniFerreira, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniFerreira

AniFerreira New Member

Hello cat lovers!

My name is Fred. I'm from Portugal and I have loving owners and a dedicated vet.

I have read everything on your website already. But I need your help. I am a 12 year old persian. I was on remission for 6 months. I had a gum and teeths surgery (due to infection) and I was without insulin for 6onths. I was OK. But last month, my diabetes returned. I started with Lantus again (0.5) and I am currently taking 3.0. But my levels in the morning and afternoon are always 350.

I have an infected tooth and I took antibiotics for a month. Every day I get more and more sleepy. Please give me advise!

Love, Fred

2. AniFerreira

AniFerreira New Member

Hey everyone!

I need to add that my levels last year during summer and this year during summer were pretty much the same, I eat wet food with low amount of carbs, and I eat one spoon of dry food in the morning and at night (its diabetic dry food). During the day, I eat 2 cans (85gr) of wet food. We looked up the closest food to Fancy Feast, since this was advised bye other owners and Fancy Feast is not sold here in Portugal.

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! Do you test at home? If so, do you have a log of your test results you could share? This is really just a welcome area, but you can post your questions on the main health forum and including test info would help people be better able to advise you. I will say that any infection or pain a cat has will definitely impact their glucose. So, if you get the dental issues taken care of, the numbers may get much better.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.