? Hemp oil

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sherrib, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

Anyone use CBD oil for your kitty? My baby has stressed induced FLUTD and got some but haven’t used it yet because I’m unsure of the right way to give it.
    Also, can’t I take this one?
    3E9D00C1-EBF7-418A-A0EE-8EC899CC637F.jpeg B7D70632-5BC0-4CD0-B8E6-BA5DFF2962CA.jpeg

2. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

The one I was giving my civie directed 1 to 3 drops in each meal. He didn't react very well to it and seemed zonked out even with just a drop. All you can do is try it slowly, maybe a drop at a time and increase if necessary. If it's human grade CBD you can try it too.

sherrib likes this.
  3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

3.3mg of CBD per ml may or may not be enough, i give my 14.5 lb old cat 3 drops (7.5mg in total) to keep him happy and pain free. for pets, you dose based on weight which is .25-.50mg per lb. i also do not buy ones made for pets, they are no different than human ones in the end and contain way less cbd per bottle for often same price of human ones with more cbd in them.. best bet next time is to buy like a 1000mg or more bottle of full spectrum CBD oil, that way you can administer a couple drops only and do so where it will be most affective, on their gums (if your cat lets ya, under tongue is best but, good luck with that lol). out of all the full spectrum oils i have tried, thoughtcloud's has had the cleanest taste of all so far (version in coconut oil), my cat isn't bothered with it at all and they often have 70% off sales every month or so.

from your pics, yes you can use this pet version too but, how much kinda depends on what you want to take it for. normally 25mg is the standard dose for minor aches/anxiety/etc, for sleep issues you need double or more that amount.

@Dusty Bones , if your kitty is zonking out with full spectrum, you need to buy an 'isolate' cbd version instead. it doesn't contain the cbn part that makes you sleepy. it is what i use during day and the full spectrum only at night.

6. sherrib

The Holistic Pet food supply owner asked if I had ever used it w my cat. I said No, so she said to start out with this. I didn’t understand why she said that, but I think I’m starting to understand. What’s the difference ?

For me, I have fibromyalgia,aneity , depression , disc deterioration in my back, cracked pelvic bone , spinal stenosis and have to take STRONG RX sleeping pills to sleep. Does that help you?

7. sherrib

Oh.... no way I can get it under skittles tongue. And I’m very sure I will have to hold him down to get it in his mouth. But I’m getting good at sneaking up in him and during it really fast now . But if possible, would like to give it another way...... if possible?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  8. sherrib

Don’t know if you can tell from my picture, it’s made by PetRelief and it $26.

9. sherrib

Forgot to post theses
    6547D9BB-EF3F-4403-9B44-C69C01B6F6EE.jpeg

Attached Files:

10. sherrib

11. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

Each company uses different extraction methods, other than that there is no difference between pet and human full spectrum CBD oils that are 'pure/natural', only how strong they are is different and what carrier oil is used (hemp or coconut). These cbd oils however can be flavored by some companies with human ones containing peppermint/watermelon/etc. to cut down on the hemp taste that lots do not like, so you do have to make sure whatever human one you choose isn't flavored. When buying CBD oils, keep in mind that the amount of CBD mg listed (like 300mg,1000mg, etc) is the amount of CBD in the entire bottle, not per ml. for example the entire petrelief bottle you bought for your pet contains 99-100 mg of CBD (size of bottle; 30ml times 3.3mg per serving), each drop (20 in each ml) therefore contains .166 of cbd oil so you have to give a whole ml/20 drops just to give a 3.3mg dose, thats a lot to give a finicky cat. plus it will only last you only 30days and cost $1.03 per day to use. if next time you buy say a 15ml bottle of 500mg CBD for $60, it may cost more for a smaller bottle but, each 15ml bottle will last you 150 days at a 3.3mg dose and will only cost 40 cents per day because only 2 drops instead of 20 is needed to equal 3.3mg. 2 drosp is sooooo much easier to give to your cat in their mouth, i just go up to my cat when he is sleeping and gently pull back his lip and drop a couple drops on gums without him even noticing on most days..
    ""But if possible, would like to give it another way"" CBD works fastest and best when absorbed through our mucous membrane, this way is supposably best because it goes straight to our bloodstream instead of going through our digestive system and liver which weakens the cbd strength.

thats a lot if ailments you are dealing with :(, very doubtful the pet version will do you any good. just too weak for you. the bottle would only last you like 4 days if you were to take the minimum to start off with. In your case, i do believe you will need at least 25mg like i did to start off with and then you will probably end up having to up your dosage by a couple drops every few days till you find the perfect dose for all your needs (minus sleep). Like for grumpiness, mood and for preventing the daily mid-day headache/migraines i use to get for years, i have to take at least 40mg of an isolate cbd (the isolate version makes me feel like i have more energy, if you have fibro fatigue issues too, it may be a better daytime choice for you too). pain wise, i still get fibro aches at that dose but, the aches are more like just there than actually painful if that makes any sense. As for sleep, i have suffered with insomnia and disturbed sleep for decades, ambein didn't even work at all for me so when at first the full spectrum cbd oil seem to be working out (after a couple days of use) i was thrilled but, then poof evry few days i found myself needing a higher and higher dose (was up to 100mg) and i was still waking up at night a lot, i stopped taking it for sleep after about two months for it just didn't make any sense to be spending like $4-5 a night for broken up sleep that left me tired the next day. With that said, if you are on strong rx pills for sleep, based on my experience the non-medical cbd oils aren't going to work for you either. the cbd oils that you need a medical card for in most states becuause of the higher THC, would be a much better choice.

oops wrote a story, sorry, hope i didn't confuse you.

edit: try this out for kitty next time.
    https://thoughtcloud.net/product/full-spectrum-cbd-500mg-in-coconut-oil/
    they sell higher ones like 3000mg in 60ml bottles, i buy it when it goes down to 149.00, it is what i use with my cat, 3 drops equals 7.5mg and his bottle lasts me a year (i transfer some of the oil into 5ml bottle and keep rest in fridge to keep it from degrading fast)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  12. sherrib

I’m gonna PM you and ask more about myself if that’s okay?
    How much of this should I give skittles to help keep him calm and stress free? I already opened it so I need to use it. Heck, even if it last a few days I will take it but really need it for skittles more.
    I go to a pain clinic & get tested a LOT

13. sherrib

$149.00, I will have to save up for this one BUT maybe I won’t pay all my bills this month and go ahead and get it. I want to prevent skittles having another FLUTD ( AKA FIC) flare up. I’m still traumatized from him having 4 in 7 days! Monday made a week from his last one. He has had 5 flare ups , the very 1st one was in Oct. We thought back then it was a UTI, by the 3rd one last week we thought FLUTD and after tons of test and 2 more flare ups the vet said FLUTD for sure.

14. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

you can do the math based on low dosage .25 per pound or higher dosage .50 per pound by timing it by your cat's weight, low if not for pain/joint issues, high if have pain/joint issues.. or you can just start with recommended 3.3mg dose they told you, which would be a little bit more than the lowest dose for a 12lb cat and won't hurt any lower weight cats. if you notice no change in say 3-4 days of daily use, give 1/4 dropper more and repeat this until you find dose that helps skittles. curious, does skittles still have infected tooth like your signature says? if so, rubbing it along gum area of that tooth would really help. cbd has antibacterial/inflammatory properties, will help with swelling and it helps dull infected toothaches in some people, guessing the same would be true for cats.

I am not sure how well cbd oil will help with flutd issues other than inflammation and stress related causes. I've never used it for that, for stress/etc related urinary issues (bloody urine, constant litter box visits & spraying outside box) our chubby orange cat kept having 2-4 times a year, i started using naturvet cranberry relief powder instead of opting for antibiotics again or trying whatever that steroid drug was vet mentioned. The powder cleared him up within a couple days evry time. you can use it twice a week for preventing future episodes too but, i didn't use it that way long enough to know if it did help prevent it.. have you tried it yet? if not it is worth doing so IMO. https://www.chewy.com/naturvet-cranberry-relief-urinary/dp/36788 .. i do not know for sure if it raises blood sugar btw, don't believe it will by much, if at all though (has low-fat dry milk in it, tbsp of whole milk powder is only like 1% carb so doubtful it will affect our cat's BG).

yes, you can PM me about cbd stuff for you if you like, i don't always come online some days but, will answer you when i do.

15. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

https://canna-pet.com
    this is a small capsule size 4 or 5 and it helps my boys and many of my clients.

I think it would be more subtle than the oil....

16. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

I was just given a spray to try for my anxious civvie. She's 5.5lbs, and her breed is usually lightweight for meds, so going to start low.it says 0.8 grams/spray, so I think just one spray would do.
    So the fun part is figuring out how to get a spray into her lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.