Hey guys

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LucyCatt, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucyCatt

LucyCatt New Member

I didn't even know this site existed, but boy am I glad it does. I found my cat, Neighbor, a short bit ago acting really weird and at deaths door. I checked his sugar and it was a mear 46. My daughter started talking to Google and it brought us to you. Thanks to some smart answers to a post from 2015 I was able to bring my cat out of his attack. Thank you so much for inviting us into your community. My name is Tessa but my friends call me LucyCatt. My cats name is Neighbor and he turned 11 this past October. He was diagnosed a little over a year ago and he uses vetsulin. 5 units in the morning and another 5 in the evening. Today he had his shots as usual but he did not eat. Not sure what his deal was, he's a super picky eater, but it was his same food. This was a terrifying ordeal that I hope to never encounter again.

Attached Files:

2. cmonmiracle

cmonmiracle Member

Welcome! Kudos to you for testing and catching that. You saved Neighbor's life!

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

You really need to lower that dose. It's twice the amount most get and clearly more than he needs. I'd cut that down to 4 units and get a test at 4-5 hours after the shot. It's not safe to shoot blindly without testing.

Chrissy66 likes this.
  4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! Please do consider testing his BG at home. He's on a very high insulin dose. Following a structured testing routine is the way to find out what's going on. Please repost on the main health forum and we can get started helping you. This is meant to be the welcome forum only. :)

Chrissy66 likes this.
  5. Chrissy66

Chrissy66 Member

Welcome and Kris is right. If I hadn't checked Candi's BG at home and went by what the vet told my husband and I, she would have been at the ER Vet. Everyone here is really helpful and hope you can get your baby's BG under control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.