Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by NancyC, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NancyC

NancyC New Member

My darling boy, Sydney (Syd) was just diagnosed today with a blood sugar of 530 and I'm freaking out. He's 9 and has always been a very large cat...he's 21 pounds now and the vet said he needs 2 injections every day. Guess I'm just looking for reassurance that I can do this for him!

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi Nancy, welcome to you and Sydney! Yes, you can absolutely do this and we can help!!! Come to the Main Health Forum and tell us a little more about Syd, such as what insulin he’s on and what dose as well as what you’re feeding, and if you are home testing (highly recommended). Hope to see you there!

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome, Nancy and Syd! You can do this! You will be able to get lots of good support and advice here. :bighug:

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome. The first week sucks.... After that it becomes routine. You can do this!

5. NancyC

NancyC New Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome and encouraging words. Syd and I have a vet appt this Friday to begin the insulin. The vet is going to show me how to give the shots and test his glucose. I'm quite nervous but totally committed to doing this for him....just hope he lets me!

JanetNJ and Sharon14 like this.
  6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I have a video in my signature showing how I test my cat CC. You've got this and we are here to help.

7. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

You can start practicing now. Choose the spot you will test at and take Syd there several times a day and just rub his ear and give him a treat. When you’re both comfortable with that you can begin the actual testing. Look at Janet’s video on testing and there are also some on you tube, that way on Friday you’ll be ready to go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.