Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chase84, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chase84

Chase84 New Member

Hi there all. My fur baby Marty was diagnosed diabetic almost two months ago now. It's been a roller coaster since finding out. Since the diagnosis his insulin has gradually increased up to 3 units twice daily. (were using lantus and tight protocol). He is fed at 7 and 7 and gets his shots at the same time. He is right around 14lbs. This all kinda came out off the blue. We came back from vacation and he had lost 4 lbs in 10 days. He's a big cat in general bones and all. Was slightly over weight but not bad at all.

So now we're in two months and the sugar curves are crazy. I did one yesterday and he was at 363 or 20.2 in the morning at 7. Lowest was 132 or 7.3 at 1:30. By 5:30 he was at 483 or 26.8.

Two weeks ago he had some teeth removed as they told me that it could be contributing. A year ago he had some removed. At the time they didn't catch th is. I'm sorry I'm all over the place and rambling

Right now he's eating DM diabetic management food. Been looking into other options like hound and gatos as I feel like I'm getting milked by the vet at this point. They know I'll do anything for him.

So I'm curious what you all have had for experiences? Is this normal? They've now scared me and said there is a chance of pancreatic cancer.

He was a stray who picked me at the SPCA about 6 years ago. He'd be 12 or 13 at best guess.

Any information you all can provide me, maybe even put me at ease I would appreciate. Thank you

2. Chase84

Chase84 New Member

Marty

Attached Files:

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome. You've come to the right place for help and answers. Most of us feed Fancy Feast classics and Friskies pate, low carb canned food. I learned that the DM food , even canned was too carb high. There is a food chart in the yellow tagged stickies in the Main forum. Look around, read the info and stickies in the forums. A better place to post questions is the Main Forum, more eyes and experienced members to see and help. Saw the pic, he's a cutie!

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! Marty is a cute. :cat: Please post your questions on the main health forum. You will get a lot of help here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.