Hi from Ann and Ginger Roger (Ginge)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ann jones, Mar 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ann jones

ann jones New Member

Ginge is 16 years old and has been diabetic for many years.
    He was put on Lantus in 2012.
    Recently he was quite ill and was hospitalized for 48 hours and put on a drip.
    He was diagnosed with stage 2 CKD.
    His BG has been in the 20's, sometimes 30's.
    He was on 5 units of insulin until then but I have increased it steadily and now he is on 9 units.
    His readings today were 8.2 pre shot.10.6 mid day(these readings are practically unheard of) but then this evening he is back up to 19.4.
    I don't know what to do!!!!!!

Ginge's Spreadsheet

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Ann and Ginge. You are in the right place to get more information about treating Ginge's diabetes and the CKD.
    I am so sorry to read that he was so ill and hospitalized. That's got to be so stressful for a kitty to be sick, away from home and his own beans, and subjected to extra poking and proddings.

So that the experienced members can get a bigger picture of what's going on with Ginge, and offer some information and advice, please create a signature. Then Ginge's information is right there with each of your posts.

Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

I see that you have already posted in the Main Health forum and Marje is going to help with the spreadsheet. Very best wishes going forward.:cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.