Hi From Cleveland & his family

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Katie Champion, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katie Champion

Katie Champion New Member

Cleveland is (was) a very large, long haired orange tabby. He used to weigh in at 21 lbs. After noticing that he was losing some weight - I took him into the vet. He was diagnosed with feline diabetes. We bought the Hills food, the insulin, the syringes. And we tried this for all of the summer and into the beginning of fall. He was still reading in the 500's. We decided to take the plunge and try the at home testing and wet cat food approach. We've been doing this for roughly three weeks. His numbers aren't much better. But I am more aware of what his levels are so that helps. He is losing weight faster. When we first went to the vet and he was diagnosed, he was down to 12 lbs. I would be scared to put him on a scale now...my heart would probably break.
    Currently, we aren't sure what to do. We are new to the at home testing and are nervous to do much adjusting to his insulin levels. I'm scared to find out why he's losing so much weight.
    Cleveland has been a huge part of our family for quite a few years. He's 12 years old now. He's always been the funniest, craziest cat... until this.

That's our introduction! We are here to hopefully gain some more knowledge and at the very least some support as we travel the unknown waters.

Thanks for reading!

Paigeworthy likes this.
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Come to the Main health forum and tell us more about Cleveland, such as what insulin, food and meter you’re using. Maybe we can help you figure out what’s going on.

3. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Good luck, Katie!! Sending you love and confidence that you are doing everything you can for Cleveland. If you are giving Lantus/Levemir maybe I will see you in the ISG <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.