Hi from Hubble the wonder cat!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hubble the wonder cat, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hubble the wonder cat

Hubble the wonder cat New Member

Hi, all. I'm writing on behalf of Hubble, my FeLV, anemic, diabetic cat. He was diagnosed with FeLV four years ago, and we were told he had only days to live. We didn't give up on him and have enjoyed his love and purrs and bouncy steps all the more knowing we might lose him.

Two years ago Hubble was diagnosed with diabetes, which we treat with insulin, Vetsulin, to be precise. He also gets a steroid, an antibiotic, and two appetite stimulants. It is a lot, but he is so worth it!

I'm specifically writing because I am wondering if anyone else here is having trouble with Vetsulin. Around 3 to 3.5 weeks after we get a vial of Vetsulin, it loses efficacy. Hubble's blood glucose shoots up, he doesn't eat as much as he should and his anemia symptoms get worse. The pharmacist has not had any other patient complaints, and Merck is claiming they haven't either.

So, message board, do you feel the Vetsulin is just as effective on the last day as it was on the first?

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. My vetsulin lasts at least 2-3 months. You keep yours in the refrigerator, right? If you have it in the door of the fridge, try moving it to the back where it will stay colder.

3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

5. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome! You may want to repose the question over on the Main Health forum so more eyes can see it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.