Hi, I'm Anna.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bannana, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bannana

Bannana Member

I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate this forum, but it looks like I have to start here.

My cat, Malakai was just diagnosed with diabetes (about three weeks ago). He's 11 years old. We hospitalized him and started him on insulin on 8/17/16.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome Anna! You've come to the right place. If you go to the forum's main page and read the stickies about using the forum, setting up your profile and spreadsheet you'll be able to get started. Once that's done, go to the specific forum for the type of insulin that Malakai is getting if you want more detailed advice. It's very overwhelming at the beginning but it gets better, I promise. People here are very helpful and supportive.

3. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Hi Anna welcome to the Fdmb forums :) general questions are usually asked in the main health forum, specific ones in the insulin forums depending on which your kitty is on.

There's a spreadsheet you can set up for your blood glucose tests - I'm sure someone can help you with that if necessary. (Not sure how good with computers you are! I'm hopeless so a lovely person help me set mine up)

And some information in your signature is really helpful like name, dates, age of kitty cat, type of insulin and food.

Hope that helps :)

4. Bannana

Bannana Member

Thanks for your reply and your help, TempestsMum. I already posted something in the main health forum about a hypoglycemic episode we had this morning.

I will check out the spreadsheet and compare it to the one that I self-created. I will also add some information in my signature.

Thanks again.

TempestsMum likes this.
  5. Bannana

Bannana Member

Thank you also, Kris & Teasel. I'll set up the spreadsheet and profile.

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Malakai is a beautiful cat!

7. Bannana

Bannana Member

Thank you, Kris & Teasel. He is a handsome little guy.
    Teasel is quite the looker as well! ;)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  8. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

Welcome & please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Everyone here is very helpful & knowledgable, your like family now :)

9. Bannana

Bannana Member

That's so sweet, Jennifer. Thank you! I have felt very welcomed and supported so far!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.