Hi...my cat Doakes was just diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Doakes, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doakes

Doakes New Member

Hi everyone, my name is Melissa and my cat Doakes was just diagnosed with Diabetes. I'm feeling very overwhelmed with all the information my vet gave me. This group seems like it might help! I haven't started giving injections yet. The vet wanted me to take a few days to switch over completely to wet food. I've been feeding the Friskies pate and so far, so good. Luckily Doakes gobbles it up, but his other 2 cat siblings are a bit more unsure. The one won't even touch wet food so I've been feeding her dry in a separate room. Looking forward to connecting with some of you for more insight into how best to take care of my kitty.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! We can help. :) Post any/all questions you have on the main health forum where more people will see them. Kudos to your vet wanting you to switch to a wet food diet. Many of us feed Friskies or Fancy Feast pates.

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome, Melissa and Doakes! It is great that your vet knew to have you switch to wet food. It is amazing how little some vets seem to know about feline diabetes.

4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! We are here to help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.