Hi! new here...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kdthrasher, Mar 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kdthrasher

Kdthrasher New Member

Just getting used to the idea that my Frosty has diabetes. Her bloodwork came back this past Saturday. She was drinking so much water, I figured she was sick but it still makes me sad.

Vet has put her on Prozinc 2 x a day. I will be reading and asking questions as we go. thanks!

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Frosty. It is a bit of a shock to get that diagnosis, but thank goodness feline diabetes is treatable, and Frosty can live a happy and healthy life. I'm so glad that you are prepared to read the information here, and get experienced, knowledgeable advice from the veteran Prozinc users, as well as the support of a very large world wide community.

Just to get started would you take a few minutes to create a signature so that Frosty's information is available when you post?
    Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

Best wishes going forward :cat:

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome... We are here for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.