Hi, Tc and I are glad to finally be here!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sherri Savage, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherri Savage

Sherri Savage New Member

Hi, my name is Sherri. This is Tc. He was diagnosed with diabetes on June 30,2018. He is currently on 4 units of Vetsulin. The last visit to vet his BG was 558. She raised him from 3 units to 4. I plan on changing his diet from the one his vet put him on as I have learned the Hills is bad for him. I also got a ReliOn CONFIRM glucose meter but am so confused on how to convert the reading to cat from human reading. I have been reading a lot of what has been on here and have learned a ton. It just took me a while to figure out how to post an introduction. Here I am Finally. I would appreciate all the help I can possibly get. Thank you!!!

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! There is not a conversion 'to cat from human reading'. Human meters will give you a lower number than a pet meter would, but there is no exact number or percent of difference. The most important thing to know is that 50 is considered the 'take action' number when using a human meter... meaning the glucose level is too low and action (such as giving food) needs to be taken to prevent the cat from going even lower which can be dangerous.

Now, that you have figure out how to post, you can make your way to the main health forum and post any questions you have there. This forum is just a place to say hello and introduce yourself. :)

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome!

4. G3rtrud3

G3rtrud3 Member

Hello and welcome! The normal range for a cats glucose levels on a human meter is 50-120 and on a pet meter its 68-150 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.