Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooper’s Mom

Cooper’s Mom New Member

hi,
    I have a 10.5 year old neutered male who has been recently diagnosed. When he was diagnosed he was 10 lbs heavier than he is now. We started him on insulin but he quit eating. Every time we try to get him on the insulin he stops eating, so we have stopped giving it to him. Really unsure of what to do. We can’t afford to keep taking him back to the vets. It’s just too expensive. Any advice?

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Cooper's Mom. i think the advising members here are going to need more information before making any comments.
    First, when was Cooper diagnosed? Was this a blood draw or a fructosamine test at the vet? What was/were the test results? What kind of food is Copper eating right now? What kind of insulin you were using and what was the dosage? How long did you give insulin? When did you stop? Are you testing his blood sugar at home?
    You mentioned he was recently diagnosed, but has lost 10 pounds between diagnosis and today. That's a lot of weight for a cat to lose.
    If you would post in the Main Health forum HERE, copy your message here then paste it into a new message there, and add the additional information, then members can offer some input. This forum is mainly to say Hello, and more members monitor the Main Health forum.
    I want to get as many eyes as possible on this so that you can get some help.
    @Bron and Sheba can you think of any questions I might have missed/not thought of?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.