Hi!!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by trancea, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trancea

trancea New Member

Well here I am...posting in a forum I knew nothing about a week ago and trying to learn about a disease I had no idea affected animals as well. I have already been looking around and gathering so much information from all of you!!! Thank you for that! It lets me know that managing diabetes is doable. A little about my furbabies. I have 3 of them!! All males. My oldest is fatboy at 18lbs and he is 4...he literally is my fat boy. The next one is Lil Kitty who by no means is little at all. Little Kitty right now is my 3 yr old Diabetes baby. He is very tall, the tallest cat i have ever owned and is currently 12lbs. To me he looks emaciated but the vet says this is his ideal weight. normally lil kitty weighs in around 18lbs as well. The last one of the bunch is Munch. He is about 1 1/2 years old and is around 7- 8lbs. All was well in my life until April 12. That is when i noticed that Lil Kitty was literally ripping out his fur. I checked for fleas and found nothing but went ahead and pre treated with flea medicine anyways. They are all indoor cats. As time went on his hair ripping became progressively worse. But he wasnt obsessingly itching or scratching. I tried everything to treat his skin issue and nothing worked. i noticed in the beginning of may that he appeared to be emaciated i could feel his spinal cord and his hip bones as well as see them :( His appetite during this time has never decreased. I also noted bumps inside his ears and a sore on his ankle. My lil Kitty is an A**hole..thats what i love about him. He is the smartest cat i have ever owend. he opens my refrigerator and freezer, he broke the child proof locks i put on the cabinets to keep him out. He opens doors in my house because he hates anything being closed. He pulls out baskets that are in my entertainment stand, he is always up and getting into things. He walks his food dish and his water fountain. WE are currently on the second fountain because he broke the first. All of this stopped and he slept all day. I brought him to my vet to find that he had dropped 4 lbs in less then a month and he was diabetic. The vet did say that he has other blood abnormalities, and the bumps I found on his ears are also on his belly. We have been on Vetsulin 2x a day now for a week today. He is quickly coming back to his A**hole ways! and I am excited for that. However, we still have the skin issue with the hair pulling and I am not sure what the abnormalities are. I have several questions but i will post them in the health forum. Thank you for being a place that i can come to learn and share my concerns!

2. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Welcome to you and your furry boys :)

trancea likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.