High at 4am, give dose early or wait?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kathy4Lewie, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Kathy4Lewie

Kathy4Lewie Member

I poke the bottom... I wipe it off really good and that helps get the circulation going. He's laying down when I test him... after the test I make sure he lays still for a little while so the wound can seal... usually distracting him with treats or food.

2. Kathy4Lewie

Kathy4Lewie Member

Is anybody online? I just tested at +11 Lewie is at 380. I only gave him 3 units this morning because I didn't want to have to stall tonight. It's 9pm here. Can I go ahead and shoot now at +11 without fear of "insulin overlap"? If yes, do I give 3 units or 3.25? I want to move up his schedule.

3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Yes, go right ahead. He'll probably be glad to have his insulin early with that number! Do you have a hunch on the dose? I'm leaning towards 3.25, but that has caused you some long cycles, so I think go with whatever you think is best.

4. Kathy4Lewie

Kathy4Lewie Member

Awesome Djamila. Thanks! My hunch is to do 3.0 tonight and then move 30 more minutes earlier in the morning to get me to 9am Central Time shoot time. I hope my thought process is correct.
    3.25 indeed has caused some long cycles, so I guess he doesn't quite need a full 3.25. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll do 3 and a smidge.

Djamila likes this.
  5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Three-and-a-smidge is a great dose! :smuggrin:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. Kathy4Lewie

Kathy4Lewie Member

7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Love the three and a smidge!

Kathy4Lewie likes this.
  8. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of doses like "something and a smidge" or a "scant something". ;):)

Housekeeping detail: would you mind starting a new thread? This one is very long.

Kathy4Lewie likes this.
  9. Kathy4Lewie

Kathy4Lewie Member

Good! Thank you.

Yes, next time I post I'll start a new thread. :)

Djamila likes this.