911 High numbers help; Jasper overview 553 amps 571 +3.5

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Aaron and Jasper, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

Hey all, it's been a while since any thread activity, I've just been trying to keep up with testing and all of the variables.

*I don't understand his high numbers lately.
    *This mornings spike concerns me.
    *I'd like some weigh in on the groups opinions on colloidal silver and if it should be used/can effect the insulin delivery
    *What is the groups overall best "low carb food"
    *And finally, should I be considering one of the novolins at this current state(being so high)
    Thank you all for everything as always

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

If I were in your shoes, I'd raise that dose to 2.25 - you've been at 2 units for many days. There are a few things that might cause this:

* Not enough insulin - raising dose should show you that...
    * Insulin not good but you just recently started it so that is further down on the list of 'possibilities'
    * Not feeling well somewhere - maybe inflammation and/or infection brewing somewhere
    * Getting into contraband food

Low carb food - while I prefer just good ole Friskies pates, my little old mankitty can't have any fish due to IBD/EPI- that leaves out every flavor. :( I feed Merrick's Limited Ingredient Turkey/Chicken. The rest of the cat half of the population here eat Friskie's pates too. They range in age from 1 1/2 year old kittens to Doc at 18.

I wouldn't give up on Lantus yet - give it a chance using the right raise protocol and see if you can break thru those numbers.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  3. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'd encourage you to read about the two Lantus dosing methods over on that forum. It's very likely the dose has to go up and more data in the middle of the cycle or in the evening will provide clues.

Jill & Jade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.