high protein canned food with pate texture?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cooky, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooky

Cooky New Member

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestion for high protein cans with pate texture. It looks like the high protein cans are mainly with morsels or shreds, which my cat made clear does not like. He licks BFF and tikki cat canned food and leaves all the actual meat. I'm putting him on Instinct chicken, go! chicken/turkey/duck and avoderm chicken pate cans however I notice it's mainly high fat and medium protein, even though they are supposed to be higher end food. Looks like the popular Fancy Feast classic is also high fat medium protein. I know high fat is better than high carb but still one can wonder, are there any pate canned food out there with high proteins?

2. Lillie

Lillie Member

I'm pretty sure Hounds and Gato make high protein pates.

3. Cooky

Cooky New Member

I just checked the catinfo food chart, unfortunately they are also high fat medium protein. I didn't know they were paté though and it's good to know, thanks.

4. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you tried runnung the food through the blender? Add a tablespoon of water and buzz it a few seconds. I have had to do this to get Bama to eat his pate sometimes.

5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

6. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Nature's valley Instinct, the original chicken recipe and limited ingredient turkey both are pate like and high protein, I'm not sure about the other flavors since those are the only two I've tasted (tried)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  7. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Tiki Cat Velvet Mousse is a very soft pate.

8. Cooky

Cooky New Member

Thanks or the suggestion. I will definitely do this at least for the cans I have left that are not paté.

This is exciting! I didn't realize Weruva had paté. The one I've seen so far were are minced or shreeded. Thanks, I will look into this.

You mean Nature's variety Instinct Original right? That's what I'm giving my cat so far although the catinfo chart (http://catinfo.org/chart/index.php) indicates 36% protein and 57% fat, so more high fat that high protein. I m not seeing the limited ingredient turkey though, I'll have a look.

Damn, this looked like a great option although they don't seem to come in cans (which are much more recyclable than cans).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.