hitch's AMPS 458? getting higher

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by dana moore, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dana moore

dana moore Member

It seems over the past few days his sugar is getting higher? Do you think .7 is too much? Should I drop it down?

2. dana moore

dana moore Member

@Ruby&Baco you said something about his nadir should be half of what AMPS would be. If it's going lower does that create a bounce? @Robin&BB

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Dana, it's not that you don't want the nadir to be 50% less than pre-shot, it's that when kitty drops that much, it can set off a bounce. Some cats bounce more than others. Hitch is getting a good run of blue numbers mid cycle but it looks like his nadir is early. I'd be interested to see what is happening a little later in the cycle before making any dose change.

Is it possible to get some readings from +6 to +8 or 9 to see how long his surf in the blues is lasting? The goal is to get Hitch into good numbers for as much of each cycle as possible. While it would be nice to get those pre-shot numbers down a bit, it looks to me like he needs more rather than less insulin to do that but that also means his mid cycle numbers will be lower, possibly lower than you are comfortable dealing with at this point. The best thing to do right now is see if he stops bouncing. Bounces can last for 3 days so try to be patient and try to get some readings later in the cycle. If he is maintaining that blue surf later into the cycle it might make you feel a bit better about how Hitch is doing right now.

4. dana moore

dana moore Member

He never made it to the blue on this cycle :(

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Dana, Hitch may still drop. Normally drops occur anywhere between 5 & 7 hours post shot so don't despair. He may be on his way down now. The nadir doesn't always occur at exactly the same time every day.

6. dana moore

dana moore Member

okay I will check again in an hour. It's 309 5+ He normally has his nadir at 4+ Thank you. :)

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  7. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Sorry I wasn't around Dana! I had a wonderfull day at a food festival with my BF. :p
    Well it's not like they don't may drop lower then 50% but it can cause a bounce what means (with my own experiences with Baco) that she will bounce like crazy. So you want to have a cycle that is steady. So in my opinion if a kitty drops lower than 50% and bounces from it, the dose is a little to high.

dana moore likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.