Hitchs AMPS AND PMPS LOW 200S

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by dana moore, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dana moore

dana moore Member

Hitchs # this am was low 200s and I only gave a small amount of insulin because I had to go to work. Tonight it was also low 200s I gave .4 so I will monitor. I hope he stays in the lows and continues to drop. Lets keep those fingers crossed! last time I only gave him .3 it really didnt change his numbers much.

Ruby&Baco, Sarah Smith and AbyResq like this.
  2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Very nice, Dana! Those yellows are lovely!

3. dana moore

dana moore Member

everything was going great until this am? 485?

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hmmm...could be anything really. Any chance of any contraband overnight? Or anything out of place?

Could even just be "oh look a squirrel!" syndrome. I wouldn't worry about it since it's just one number...let's see where he is tonight.

dana moore and Sarah Smith like this.
  5. Robin&BB

Robin&BB Well-Known Member

And you have the weekend coming up, when you'll be able to monitor both cycles closely ... I'm hoping you can try holding this 0.9 dose steady over the weekend, as you did see a nice safe green # out of him @ +5 on the 13th with this dose. You may want to consider getting a timed feeder for your daytime cycles during the work week when you're not able to be home to monitor. This may help you feel safer about not dropping the dose quite as much (I'm looking at the AM dose on 6/15), as it may be that his dose adjustments - when they're required for safety on cycles you can't be around to monitor - need to be just a little more subtle.

If Mr. H. were mine: Starting with PMPS Friday, I'd try to hold him at this 0.9, at least through Sunday morning's dose, and monitor closely. Then, if it becomes evident that 0.9 is a little too much, I'd only drop it to, say, a skinny 0.8 and see how that works overnight. (Obviously, that would require you set an alarm or two to get his mid-cycle #s Sunday night, which I know is kind of a drag :(when you have to get up for work the next morning ...) But in this way, you'd have some good data to give you an idea of how he'd do for his daytime cycle on Monday. And if you do find that you need to adjust that dose down a bit more, from there you might just go to, say, 0.6 rather than as far down as 0.2 - which could be part of the problem here (dose changes swinging a bit too wide; this is why I think you may find a timed feeder a big help to you.)

I know it's kind of difficult not to be scared when you first start seeing him drop into green numbers ... but the goal is to get Hitchcock's pre-shot #s moving out of those pinks and reds.;)

This is just one opinion, btw; others may have a different idea for you. :):bighug:

dana moore likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.