Hobbs' March Check-In

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by SabrinaFaire, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabrinaFaire

SabrinaFaire Member

Hello!! Hobbs has been OTJ a month today! Yay! I do check in here from time to time, just don't post because I feel like Hobbs got lucky and I don't know how to help anyone.

Anyway, he's still doing really well. Still OTJ. Trying to make sure he gets in nightly play time. It seems like since I started doing that he plays longer now than he used to. So that's good. The last few days he hasn't been eating as well. He'll eventually eat everything I give him (usually) but he used to eat it almost all at once, or within an hour or so. I don't know. Maybe he's just changing his preferences. I had to train him to eat all at once when he first went on insulin, but since he started doing it I stopped picking up his food after a certain amount of time. Plus the auto-feeder feeds him a bit at night and during the day so obviously I can't pick that up though I guess I could program it to turn so he can't get it after a certain amount of time. I thought maybe it was b/c the filter in his fountain needed to be changed but that's not it. Next to try is the litter box, I need to give it a good cleaning, maybe replace it. I hope he's not starting to dislike his food.

Oh yes and as for his numbers, I haven't updated his SS in awhile but he's been around the mid/upper 60s. I did check his blood when this eating thing started and he's been normal so I don't think it's that. Otherwise he seems to be acting normal.

2. Charlotte & Prop

Charlotte & Prop Member

There is no reason for you to want him to eat it all at the same time, not even when they are on insulin, but even less now. He has only been OTJ for a month and his pancreas will work so much better when he eats a little at the time in stead of one big meal. There is so much difference in the work the pancreas have to do after a big meal, than ater a little one. So let him eat a little at the time during the day, that will hopefully help keep him OTJ.

Since he now is OTJ maybe he dont need as much food as when he was unregulated, so maybe the amount of food you give him is to much. But you will know that if he gains weight, and if he is obese now you should cut the serving size down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.