Home testing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ashley O Waterhouse, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashley O Waterhouse

Ashley O Waterhouse New Member

I'm in walmart looking at testing devices. Is there a specific type or brand i should be looking for? Thanks!

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I use a pet meter, but I see people here talk about the Relion Micro or Confirm.

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Many of us use the Relion Confirm or Micro. Reasonably priced meter and strips, takes a tiny drop of blood. Get some 28 or 29 gauge lancets also, the bigger ones work better when you are just starting out. You could also pick up some Equate Pain Relief ointment for after, and I use a cotton ball for stability then to compress the poke site. It's up to you if you want to use the lancing device. We don't.

Arkali likes this.
  4. alexthecat

alexthecat Member

I use a Relion Confirm meter. Other people prefer the Relion Micro. I have also used the Relion Prime, but I wouldn't recommend it because it needs a larger blood sample.

Arkali likes this.
  5. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Note that the COnfirm and Micro both use the same strips. There is also a ReliOn PRIME, but it uses a different strip -- the strips are cheaper than the Confirm/Micro, but they also require a larger blood drop, which can be problematic when you are just starting out.

Whichever you pick, make sure you get the corresponding strip. Personally, we use the Confirm with the Confirm/Micro strips ($35.88 for 100 strips).

Arkali likes this.
  6. AshleyDiamond

AshleyDiamond Member

I use the Relion Prime and have had no problems.

Arkali likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.