homeopath remedies for pancreatitis and diabetes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sun, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sun

sun Member

hi,

i have consulted a holistic vet. and she prescribes:

Double Helix Water
    Phosphorus- 30c 3x a day
    Iris versicolor 30c 3x a day
    Chinese Herb- Rhemannia 11, 1/4 teaspoon 2x a day.

Double Helix Water and rhemannia 11 are on the way to my city.
    and i will get the phos and iris versicolor today from the homeopath i visited.

may i ask if there are any folks here using these treatments for diabetes and pancreatitis and what is your experience?

for the homeopathremedies, it's 3 times per day and continuously for a month. will it be too much a dose? i am a bit scared of this. as i also take homeopath remedies and usually it is a few times per week only. and 30c remedy can't be taken everyday...

thx. wish my cat's diabetes (these two days BG jumps up to over 380
    pre shot) and pancreatitis can be controlled.

2. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Hi,

in the time I have been on here I haven't come across anyoneelse trying homeopathic remedies.

At one time there was an alternative testing group, but can't seem to find it now.

How old is your lantus?
    It's a bit hard as your numbers are quite sporadic, but kitty may be showing signs of insulin resistance as her numbers look quite flat (apart from your initial dosing which looked pretty good).

There is no cure for Pancreatitis, it's a management thing whereby you throw everything at it and hope to get kitty through it. Referred to as a pancreatitis flare. Usually IV fluids are required.
    Have you had the Fpl test done? This tests for P'tis and tells you how severe it is.

Jojo a vet tech posted this about treatment:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/r ... 722,876722

If kitty not eating much and losing weight, you need to be checking for keytones too.

3. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

i'm not really one for homeopathic remedies so i'll leave that to people with relevant experience, but the first thing i'd try is to lower the fat content of your cat's meals. that may be the best practical thing you can do for pancreatitis.

my cat has it chronically, and for us the best treatment has been subQ fluids at least once a day, pepcid (1/4 tablet pepcid AC or about 12u in a U100 syringe of injectable famotadine), and pain medication such as buprenex/buprenorphine (bupe).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.