Hometesting when diet controlled?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tigger12, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigger12

Tigger12 New Member

Hope I'm not driving any of u crazy yet with all of my questions!
    I recently started hometesting and my cat has been off his meds (Glipizide) and diet controlled for 4 days now. Im very thankfull to this site for encouraging people to hometest cause my cats numbers turned out to be VERY low. I'm wondering if he continues to be diet controlled if i still need to be testing him every day? I just don't want to put him thru more testing then needed.
    -Thanks, Laura & Tigger

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I would probably , at least for now test daily. After maybe about a week with no glip/insulin they could reduce even further. My Thunder was off insulin for a week or two or so a while ago and I did not periodically test at first. When I tested him he was in the 300's. So in the future I would slowly taper off the testing not just totally stopping like I did with Thunder.

3. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

My cat is diet controlled, has been for just about two years. I rarely test her, but I often urine test her = 2, 3..4 times a weeks, just to keep an eye on things. I also watch her water intake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.