? How do i pull shot time back 1 1/2 hrs safely?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Mister's Owner, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

I keep trying to pull back 30min at a time for mister. His shot time is all the way up to 10am and I need it at 830a.
    The problem is he keeps taking forever to reach 200bg to give the shot. He had 9 teeth removed on April 19th and on April 26th he had a 2nd antibiotic shot and is healing really well but insulin seems to be lasting all the way to 12 hr mark or 30 min after.

Thank you for all your help :)
    Tina

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

His numbers are looking good! You can change the time 30 minutes every cycle. So tonight, see if he is high enough to shoot at 11.5 instead of 12. If not wait till tomorrow and shoot at 9am. Then tomorrow night see if he is high enough to shoot at 8:30 pm. If not, try it again in the am. (You have been doing great stalling and shooting on those yellow pmps shots)

Once you get him back on the schedule you want, you might try a 13/11 schedule. So shoot at +13 at night, giving him awhile to rise. And shoot at +11 in the am before he rises to the pinks. Or if you want, 12.5 and 11.5. Does that make sense? I would get him back on the schedule you want before trying this, just so it isn't too confusing.

Looks like the dental really helped!

3. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

So I had mister at a 9a insulin time and here we are at 940pm and he just doesn'tseem to be getting higher than 152bg? I've used 5 strips already. Do I just skip when this happens?

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Looking at ss BRB

5. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Can you wait an hour without feeding him?

6. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

If it were me, I'd skip. He'll no doubt be little higher in the morning, but just get back on track then.

Mister's Owner likes this.
  7. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

Sorry just updated from paper of the last 2 days

8. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

I clean to earn the money to pay for his insulin and have been missing work because his times are so late. Usually like 830a-3p 1 or 2 times a week But he keeps working back up to 10a so I can't go :(

9. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Then skip and take the evening off. Maybe tomorrow am, go down to a skinny 1.25 or even one unit and see if you get a shootable pmps.

This is good news - nerve wracking but good news

10. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

I thought it was good But I guess I thought if dental made a difference it would be even lower numbers.. I'm not sure how this works. Do they commonly bounce a lot before getting a chance to be off insulin?
    Thank you for helping:)

11. Sue and Oliver (GA)

I don't see him bouncing. His numbers are gradually lowering; you're reducing the dose. All good signs. He may just slowly drop into lower and lower ranges. Getting in remission slowly is often the safest way.

12. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

Could you look at mister s Chart real quick and tell me if it looks okay? I had to skip insulin again tonight . he's just not making that 200 mark . seems like it's always happen at night. And mornings after skipping haven't been too high they're still in the 200bgs.
    Any suggestions?

13. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Reduce the morning amount. Then hopefully you'll get a higher pmps. Maybe one unit tomorrow?

14. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

I will try this ..
    I'm just not sure if he stays in the day 130 range all day..is that good? What is the ideal number

15. Sue and Oliver (GA)

It'd be better if he'd drop a little lower, but the one shot a day may be making that difficult. You can see how his numbers look with two shootable preshots.

The other option would be to try shooting 11/13. So reduce to one unit and shoot at +11 in the am (making sure the number is rising and above 180(?) and then at night, shoot at +13, giving the evening number longer to rise. I'd only try this if you will be around to monitor at least the first cycle.

16. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

So you mean to only try the +13 if I can monitor +4 and +6. Because that would be 230a and 430a..I'd never wake :(

17. Sue and Oliver (GA)

I'd start tomorrow with the +11 in the am - see if he is high enough to shoot the reduced dose - and then wait till +13 to shoot pmps.

Make sense?

18. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

I understand what you're saying..
    I just wasn't sure when it would be safe to go to bed after +13 shot at 1030p.
    Thank you for your quick responses.
    I love this community:)

Sue and Oliver (GA) likes this.
  19. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

I tried 1.0u this morning and mister is only sitting at 158bg at shot time. He was 121 bg at +8 today.
    If I keep skipping pm shots will it hurt him?
    His morning bg was 259bg after not having insulin last night.
    Kinda weird he always had those numbers or higher with insulin the night before.

20. Sue and Oliver (GA)

You could either reduce the dose for amps again, (0.5) or you could do the dosing 11/13. To do that, skip tonight, and in the am, see if he is high enough at 11 to shoot - maybe 0.5 - and then plan to wait until 13 to shoot tomorrow night. Or go with 11.5/12.5?

It isn't awful to skip at night, but it would be better to have levels that are generally lower rather than a higher amps and an unshootable pmps. Cycles with overall lower levels would be best, if you can make it work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.