? How do I splint a cats tail??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julia Rae, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

I think heck the way she is holding it I know I broke her tail.. is it possible to splint it or am I monster of a cat mommy???

2. AJay

AJay Member

Where is the break? Might be worth a trip to the vet, if for pain relief alone. xx

3. Julia Rae

mid way..and right now a vet is something i cant do.. no funds

4. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Ouch! Poor kitty!
    Tails can be tricky to get to heal at the best of times. More than one dog/cat I know ended up in a similar situation and lost it Unfortunately I'm going to have to say vets visit. :(

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

How in the world did you break it?

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I don't know. My Tux's tail is broke maybe in 2 places or it heal wrong. He had it when we found him. You can't see it because his tail is very floofy. It doesn't bother him unless you touch that particular area which is near the end.

7. Mizuniful

Mizuniful Member

I broke my Spork's tail in a door a few months ago. I felt awful and took him to the vet as soon as I could. They can't really do much for a broken tail, and splinting isn't really practical. All she could do was give him some pain meds, Onsior to be exact. The vet also warned to watch his bowel movements as it could have damaged the nerves in his spine. Thankfully his break was at the end of the tail so I didn't have any problems with that. Spork didn't really seem to notice the pain, even without the pain medication. Still flicked his tail like the grumpy man he is.

8. Julia Rae

Hello all I'm giving an up date on princess khaleesi took her to the vet. Don't know how or why but she managed to not break her tail but both bone bruised and sprained it???? So right now she is doing the wounded baby which I guess she is. Will keep you all up to date with her.

9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Well good news that it's not a break!

Julia Rae likes this.
  10. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Kudos to you for the vet visit and taking care of your kittehs. I hope your kitteh is feeling better.

Julia Rae likes this.
  11. Julia Rae

Yes it is very good news, still trying to wrap my brain around a sprain. She will not let me ice it.. frustrating so right now she is trotting around wanting her aunty to play with her.. which Artemis wants nothing to do with. When Khaleesi realizes I can see her doing this she starts letting her tail go limp love the lil beast

Kris & Teasel and Squalliesmom like this.
  12. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Lol, clever little girl, knows how to push mambean's buttons!;):):)

JanetNJ and Julia Rae like this.
  13. Julia Rae

That she does, all I can do is scoop her up and snuggle the lil best.. which she loves till she decides it is time to go pester her aunt

Squalliesmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.