How does everyone handle the time change?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Debbie & Mishka, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debbie & Mishka

Debbie & Mishka Member

OK -- on Sunday we "spring" ahead one hour. Which means at 7:00 am (time for shot), it will be 8:00 am according to the clock. How does everyone sort of get back on track?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

You can adjust by roughly 15 mintues/cycle until it's time to move the clocks, or you can just wait and do it all at once. My kitty isn't very bouncy, so I'm just going to move all at once when the clock moves and then just be a little extra cautious for a few days. The first cycle may be lower than normal and need a little temporary reduction, but since prozinc has some flexibility it's safe enough to make the change however you think will sit best with your kitty.

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

With ProZinc, you have an hour of 'play' in the dosing time, so you could just stay with your usual time (per the clock). I think instead of the full hour change all at once, I may move the shot by half an hour for AM then be back on schedule by PM. So, Mia's normal shot times are 6am/pm. I will give her AM shot Sunday at 6:30am per the clock (would have been 5:30am before) then give her PM shot at 6pm as normal (would have been 5pm).

Debbie & Mishka likes this.
  4. Debbie & Mishka

Debbie & Mishka Member

Thank you!!! Sounds like a good plan :)

5. Debbie & Mishka

Debbie & Mishka Member

Got a green tonight at +2 -- PMPS was 135 and gave only 0.25 dose. I see what you mean that sometimes there is more of a drop early on with the smaller doses. Still wonder why that is? I'm going to test again at +4.

6. Djamila

Hooray for green! Although that does kind of mess up the monochromatic look of your spreadsheet. ;)

7. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

I accidentally sprang forward already. With the new job, getting up way earlier than I'm used to, and still staying up fairly late, I didn't wake up until almost an hour after Jester's AMPS should have happened.

Between that and the lower dosage yesterday evening, he shot up to 396.

Adventures in SugarKittying
    Hey! That would make a great blog name!

8. Debbie & Mishka

Debbie & Mishka Member

Thanks Djamila -- yes I think we probably had greens last night -- couldn't test after +2, At +4 I pricked Mishka's ears numerous times and couldn't get blood...he was not a happy camper for sure.

9. Glassgoblin

Glassgoblin Member

I was trying to be good by doing things gradually closer to the "new time" as I will still need to be at work at the "usual" time. I think we've fluctuated in that direction at least. I just have to remember to set my alarm to be up early enough tomorrow to get us on a good start for the week.

10. Debbie & Mishka

Debbie & Mishka Member

Yes -- we sprang forward yesterday too! Had a "fur shot" AM, so PM shot was on track for the new time change. :)

shelaghc and Kris & Teasel like this.
  11. Djamila

Nice little dose this morning! Can't wait to see where she lands mid-cycle today!

12. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

Ha! Arizona doesn't have daylight savings time. If it did, I would move in 3 20-minute increments. Every so often, you have to skip a shot or have a fur shot, so you can manipulate the time then.

13. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

I don't think skipping a shot, or have a fur shot is needed to manipulate the time change. In fact, skipping a shot on purpose sounds dangerous to me.

14. srk4cats

I didn't mean on purpose. I meant when the BG is below 100.

15. Debbie & Mishka

Debbie & Mishka Member

Hi Djamila -- well, I'm puzzled. Thought I'd do a good curve today, but AMPS 135, +2.5 was 147, and then next test 158. So I figured I gave a fur shot and stopped testing because Mishka is getting a little tired of the ear pricks despite the treats. Now tonight PMPS was 136. What is going on???? :)

16. srk4cats

Those are all good numbers.

17. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Could have been a furshot...could have just been that that little dose gave her just enough to help keep her flat throughout the day. I know that the BG was a bit higher on the mid cycles you got, but that could be due to a bit of a food spike..and really the numbers are so close to what you got preshot, that they're basically the same number. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.