How is everyone handling being out at shot time?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by vbc2000, Dec 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbc2000

vbc2000 Member

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. How are those of you who are going to relatives' houses for the holidays going to handle being away at shot time?

The morning shot is not a problem because it will be at the normal time but both tomorrow and Christmas Day I will be at relatives' houses and won't be home 12 hours after the first shot. Tigger's been steady in the Blues and greens and I was wondering if it's okay to skip evening shots just for those two days? Or do I just give a lessoned shot when I get home? I will be leaving food for him both days so he can eat while we're out but won't be home until well past shot Time by I'd say two or three hours.

Any and all advice would be welcome. Saying a silent little prayer for all our kitties to have a symptom and sickness free weekend.

Vader723 likes this.
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

The best thing to do is make arrangements in advance if you can.....Like shooting late a few cycles in advance so that when you have to be late, it's really pretty much "on time".

Since you're using Vetsulin, it's not as important that it's every 12 on the dot like it is with the depot insulins but you still want to keep it as close as possible.

Can you shoot an hour late in the morning, then an hour later at PM? (that would give you 2 hours)....then 12 hours later at AM and PM?

Like if you usually shoot at 6/6.....shoot at 7am/8pm tomorrow, then 8am/8pm Christmas day? ....then work your way back to your 6/6 over the next few days

Then there's those of us that pack them up and take them with us!!....LOL

3. vbc2000

vbc2000 Member

Thanks. I can try feeding him later tomorrow morning but he's quite insistent about breakfast! Maybe I can sleep in a little...imagine that!?!

4. wackonla

wackonla New Member

vbc2000 i saw that your dosage was at 1.25u with vetsulin. Is that with the pen? If so how are you getting .25 dosages?

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

People get these fractions by using a U40 syringe with the cartridge inside the pen acting as a mini vial.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Uh....yeah....good luck with that....LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.