How is Meowzi doing??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Donna & Shiloh (GA), Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

Hope she is getting the EATING vibes I've been sending her. Donna

2. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Hi Donna! *wave* Thanks for asking about Meowzi!

She's doing OK. I think the eating vibes haven't been reaching her, though, probably because her appetite isn't home. We think her appy hopped on a round-the-world sightseeing cruise, although we're hoping it'll make a hasty return now that we're talking to her about PEG tubes :razz: Mirtazapine was having no effect, so we stopped it a couple of weeks ago, I think. (although we may restart it - got a note from Cheryl and Winnie that stopping for a bit before restarting helps, and I think Chriscleo said the same). For now, we're back to handfeeding her; a good day is when we get 2.5 oz of food or more into her - she's averaging 2.25 to 2.75 oz daily. (she's around 12.8 lbs I think). And a whole bunch of treats as bribes, sprinkled on top of food.

Aside from not wanting to eat by herself, she seems to be doing OK. The beans are a different story, though - we're exhausted. But she's worth it - she climbed up onto the couch with me this morning, and I woke to the sound of her purring - bestest music in the world! :D

She wanted me to add a note she wrote for you:

3. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

Shiloh and I thank you, Meowzi, for the letter. Shiloh said, yes, he had a PEG and he did not like it. But my Shiloh didn't like to be fussed with at all, and the Peg tube kept him alive. Meowzi, you have great beans and they want you to eat and be healthy more than anything in the world. You are their special baby. Please try.

Shiloh is eating better this week, but someone had a nice barf today and I don't know who it was. My nerves are shot. Keeping cats alive is hard, emotional work. Hugs to all. Donna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.