How long to clear a rebound on N?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beth & Atlas, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Since N is a fast acting insulin, how long does it take to clear a chronic rebound?

Can you be fairly assured after a few days, if the numbers are starting to rise again, that it is cleared and you can start adjusting dose? 24, 36, 48, 72?

Or is the reduced dose still too high as the body settles into the new dose?

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Its not the N that needs to clear the system, it is the hormones from the rebound. I've read that it can take up to 3 days. If it has been a few days and the numbers are slowly rising then yes, the system is likely balancing out. What is your shoot number?

3. Sweetgrass & the Furries

Sweetgrass & the Furries Member

Hello, I answered for you in the vetsulin forum as well.

4. Beth & Atlas

Thank you for answering. I was hoping that with N the hormones would clear faster since the N is gone sooner. LOL on me I guess.

My shoot number? Do you mean current units? IF so then it is 2u. If you mean BG...well right now his numbers are well over any questionable no shoot level. He is over 300 and low 400's at most pre-shot times. We suspected the rebound when I had a bounce of 490! His chart is up over in the Vetsulin forum.

5. Beth & Atlas

Thank you.

6. Jen & Squeak

No, I meant that if the numbers are slowly rising, at what point will you start giving insulin again?

7. Beth & Atlas

We never stopped giving any insulin, we just reduced the dose from 8 to 2 for the past 72 hours now. The past cycle we've seen similar numbers and are going to go up to 3 per the vet. Atlas saw the vet today who reviewed the chart and actions taken.

8. Jen & Squeak

Have you posted his numbers somewhere???

9. Beth & Atlas

Yes, his chart is up over in the vetsulin forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.