How long to continue Zobaline?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ZulusMom (GA), Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZulusMom (GA)

ZulusMom (GA) Member

We're coming to the end of the Zobaline bottle and I'm not sure if I should purchase more or not. Zulu has been in remission since the end of October, and his neuropathy has reversed for the most part. He still won't jump up on the bed, but I'm not sure if that's a mental obstacle or a physical one (I'm actually pretty sure he could do it, but he fell a few times when his numbers were unregulated and I think he's afraid to try anymore). His energy has been really good lately, even just in the past week he's been super playful.

So do I keep up with the Zobaline?... Or do people generally stop after the neuropathy has gone away?

2. Just-As-Appy

Just-As-Appy Member

I's inexpensive and does no harm. I would not quit.

ZulusMom (GA) likes this.
  3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I waited a month after most of the symptoms were gone, and now dose B12 occasionally. "Jjust-As-Appy" is also correct that B12 doesn't hurt. And long term it could help since many diabetics who are not perfectly regulated.

I see that Zulu has some nice low numbers. And you have achieved remission - that's great! In non-diabetic cats, one does not see neuropathy commonly.

ZulusMom (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.