How long?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

How long should you wait after the cat eats to check glucose level and administer insulin?

2. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

You should check BG before eating feeding.

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Test, then feed, then shoot. You test before so the number is not food influenced.i usually do this in about a window of 10-15 min.

beggargirl likes this.
  4. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Well crap. Sorry I am new to this... I guess I will go ahead and test to make sure he is ok and give insulin and then check him in a few hours.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  5. Sean & Rufus

No worries! You'll get it! :) At least you're testing, unfortunately a lot of people don't :(

6. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

I am a helicopter mom! lol I am constantly checking on him and watching him. Unfortunately, I do not get a lot of sleep as I am so concerned for my baby. My animals are my kids.

Bellasmom, Sylvie and Sean & Rufus like this.
  7. Sean & Rufus

I hear you. I'm the same way. I've had 2 different vets tell me to take a step back. Very hard to do. You'll get better at this, and booger will get better in time. It's a commitment, but in time you'll get in a routine :)

Kris & Teasel and Bellasmom like this.
  8. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Thanks @Sean & Rufus. I know things will get better and my vet has told me to just take a breath and not stress, but it is easier said than done definitely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.