How low % is low carb wet food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA), Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm using Lisa Pierson Food Chart to feed my Ti-Mousse low carb food! We are starting SLGS protocol. Now what do we call low carb? <5%, <10% ? I know my Ti-Mousse would prefer >20% but I don't think it's the best choice for SLGS or TR ;)

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Anything under 10% carbs is where to start

Some cats are more carb-sensitive than others, so if you keep good notes on what you feed, you'll learn if you need to stick to lower carb (like under 5%) or if he's OK with something closer to 10%

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

You definitely want food that is under 10% carbs. It's a good idea to pick up some medium and high carb food to keep on hand for any time you might need to give Ti-Mousse's BG a boost too. The higher carb foods with gravy are ideal for those low BG situations. Many people here, myself included feed their cat Fancy Feast Pates. Dr. Pierson's food list is a great resource to find something your kitty likes.

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

My Ti-Mousse will be thrilled! He's on 5% or less carb from Dr. Pierson's food list and he is getting fed up sometimes. Good idea to keep track of what he eats and keep a few cans with gravy in case of BG situations. Another thing settled!

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.