How many times a day do you have to feed?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Angel and Ducky, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel and Ducky

Angel and Ducky Member

I am wondering if I can feed Ducky once a day, or do I have to feed him twice a day like I am doing now. He is OTJ and I don't want to mess him up, but if I leave town for a weekend, I don't know how I will be able to get someone to come twice a day to feed him. Would it be possible to feed him once a day?

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I leave food out all day for my girls, however I do change it twice a day.

If you want to feed once, you can freeze food, put out fresh and frozen at the same time, the frozen will thaw over time and be fresh for eating later on.

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

I leave food out all day - fresh in the morning, and if needed, add some at bedtime.

4. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

One meal a day isn't enough. Most people free feed their cats. You can use a timed feeder with multiple compartments or freeze canned food into cubes.

Some timed feeders have an ice pack feature to keep the food cool. Others are digitally programmable (PetSafe 5 compartment feeder is one). If you go on vacation, ask a neighbor or friend to drop by the house once a day to make sure that the cat is eating (some cats refuse to eat when the owner goes on vacation) and has fresh water and to refill the timed feeder if necessary.

5. Angel and Ducky

Angel and Ducky Member

Thank you all, my only concern with a timed feeder is that i have 3 other furkids... what should be done with them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.