how many times a day does a cat go pee?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Connie & Em (GA), Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connie & Em (GA)

Connie & Em (GA) Member

Ok, this is probably a very strange question - especially coming from me, but I don't think I have ever had a cat who did not cover, and it is rare that I have only one cat per box..

last cat per box was Doug, and he covered.

I'm cat sitting for my aunt's cat and he has lost a ton of weight since the last time I sat for him last year. I asked her if he had been to a vet for the weight loss and she said he had so I didn't push. He was 8lbs 4 oz when he showed up a week ago, and he's now down to 7lbs 15 oz. He eats, but for the most part only if I'm sitting there encouraging him. It's like he forgets he can eat.

I checked his blood sugars, and he's fine that way.

But to me he seems to be peeing a lot - three times a day - and rather large clumps.

I am going to try to do better to encourage him to eat, but if he loses any more weight I'm going to have to insist he get to a vet - because I do not want to return him to her in two months time with this untreated..

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Thee is no one answer. It varies from cat to cat. Some of my diabetics urinate twice a day. Some of my civis also do twice a day and others more frequently.

3. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Sometimes Lilly Grace will only pee once per day, but Mr. Darcy will go up to 6 times per day. I'm not much help however since LG has Severe CH and Mr. Darcy has something wrong with him that we haven't figured out much.

I guess my point is like Larry's, ECID.

4. SherylandClouseau

SherylandClouseau Member

Vet visit with bloodwork needed

He may be going into kidney failure or hyper-thyroid (though kidney issues are what sound the most likely). He needs a full blood panel run and ASAP.

5. Connie & Em (GA)

Connie & Em (GA) Member

Re: Vet visit with bloodwork needed

Those were my thoughts as well. But he's not my cat and his mom is not concerned. I will insist on it though if he doesn't start holding his own weight wise mighty darn quick.

6. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

I would think he needs his kidney values checked since hyper-t usually has more hunger as a sypmtom.
    My cats pee different amounts too. Phoebe pees about 2-3 times a day and almost never covers it. She is 11 and has been treated for hyper-t and is facing the onset of crf.
    Hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.