? How much does a low carb meal raise BG?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by katiesmom, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

I know ECID, but generally, how much generally does a low carb meal raise BG? And how long for the food to influence the numbers?

Little worried about Katie. She was asking for food only a half hour after eating her normal meal (raw food diet). That is VERY unlike her to ask for more food so soon. So I tested her and she was down to 103 already (+5) . And that is 30 minutes after a full meal. She tends to nadir later in the cycle too, so I am anxious about this.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

What was her Pre-shot?

I don't see any numbers at all on your spreadsheet.....are you keeping up with it?

You're right to be a little concerned though....if they're actively looking for food, that's a good warning sign.....but 103 is still a very safe number

3. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

@Chris & China -
    Yes, my SS is up to date. For some reason when you click on the link it takes you to the template (I dont know how to fix that, it just started doing that one day). Click the "Sheet 1" tab on the top and you will be able to see it.
    Her Preshot was in the 140's.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

OK....it looks like a pretty normal cycle to me then.....sometimes these kitties just think they need an extra snack!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.