how much fatty acid should a cat have in their diet?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by PeterDevonMocha, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

We just recently (approx. 2 months ago) switched civvie twix over from purina one healthy weight to evo turkey and chicken which is much lower in carbs. I have noticed lately that she has a lot of dandruff going on towards her tail area. I of course have done research on dandruff on cats and now have myself freaked out over everything I read online, but I did notice a lot of comments about fatty acids in cat's diets. Well this evo stuff says it has 0.4% fatty acid in it. I don't know if that is enough or not? I mean, it seems to me that this stuff is a pretty decent food so I would imagine it has the right amount of stuff in it, but how do you know? I also know dandruff can be linked to 100 other problems but I'm really trying not to freak out (ok, freak out any more) and start believing she has everything under the sun wrong with her. I was just curious about the fatty acids. Thanks for any help!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

great thanks larry ... it was above my head but I'll have peter read over it tonight to make sure twix is getting everything she needs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.