How much should I increase it, or should I not increase it at all right now?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA), Mar 8, 2019.

1. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Jack is doing better. He's looking like a happy boy again. I've been sticking with 1.5 units, and his numbers are going down. The last two days, he wasn't in the red at all. Last night, his PMPS was only 199, so I didn't give him insulin. I didn't wait, test, and possibly shoot later because I knew I was leaving for work early this morning, and I didn't want to dose him again too soon. At +3, he was 396. Because his numbers are still higher than they should be, should I increase by .25 now? Or, because his numbers are consistently going down, should I stay with what I'm giving him now and see what happens? I didn't monitor at all yesterday because I worked a long day. And I haven't been good at testing after his p.m. shot because I'm just exhausted at night.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I think I would stay at 1.5u tomorrow (skipping a dose can mess them up for a day or so). You're getting some nice greens in the middle of the cycle. Then if you can get an extra test or two tomorrow, it might be time for a tiny bump up to try to get a little more time in the greens during the mid-cycle. I'd like to see what he does tomorrow before saying that for sure though.

JanetNJ likes this.
  3. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA) Well-Known Member

I wound up giving him a skinny 1.5 tonight, because his PMPS was only 216. I'm not going to raise it until I can do some mid cycle testing tomorrow. And if I bump him, it will just be by .25. He's looking so good!

JanetNJ likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I agree with this