I asked people to populate questions to ask Vet for my newly diagnosed diabetic cat. Thank you for responding, I really appreciate it and it helped. We hah him on a Diabetic diet for the last for the last 10 days aand while his count went from 25.1 to 19.3 we decided to start him on Insulin starting last night. We started him on 1 unit of Pro Zinc to see how he reacts in 3 to 5 days but the Vet told me he suspects we will need to increase the dose once we get new readings (which we are taking at home). He was getting 1.5 cans of Purina Pro Plan DM (he likes savory selects) and the vet agreed to move him up to two cans as he seemed to be starving and was quite lethargic. He is a big cat who was 7.20 KG when we switched his diet and 6.92 KG when we weighed him 10 days later. The official website for the food said a cat that size should be eating 3.25 cans a day so 1.5 seemed very restrictive. We gave him his first shot at 8 last night and a second at 8 this morning and his energy level seems to be returning. My question is could he be feeling better that quickly or am I just optimistically looking for signs of improvement too quickly and am just imagining it? While I was not looking forward to giving him shots it ended up being nothing. I give him his shot while he is feeding and he does not even react to it in the least. Getting the right does in the needle is the hardest part, lol. Again thank you to those who responded to my question yesterday and thank you in advance to nay who respond to this question. PS-The vet price for the Purina pro plan seems like a lot ($60 something CDN for 24 cans). Is there a cheaper option to purchase the same brand without going to the vet. He seems to really like the food so I do not want to change him and I am willing to pay $5.00 per day to feed him but if there was a cheaper option I would be interested to hear.