How should I proceed if his BG is 441 right before shot??

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by tecwmn, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tecwmn

tecwmn Member

Fin's readings have been super high.

He eats and gets his shot at 7 a.m. (wet food) and 7 p.m. 3u BID of ProZinc

He gets dry food to nibble on throughout the day (foster did this for convenience and I am going to transition him off safely)

Yesterday I did two B.G.'s - one at 4:11 which was 452 and another about an hour after his food/shot which was 492

Today I did a B.G. right before his p.m. food/shot and it was 441....should I reduce his shot or stay the course??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi, i'd stay the course...but could you please introduce yourself. give us you diagnosis date, how long have you been shooting and what is he eatting. this is all VERY important info. for us. you really need to put up a spread sheet so we can follow along.
    the dose seems quite high so i'm wondering what the circumstances are.
    and what your name?
    Lori
    and tomtom too!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok just reread your post.
    transition as quicky as you can. this is usually easier than most people think.
    I see you raised the dose one full unit. not recommended. but too late now.
    use this style of writing for now so it's clear what's happening
    amps 340 3u
    + 4 260
    +6 190
    pmps 400 4u

of course i made up all the numbers but that's you am pre shot and then 4 hours later than 6 hours later than you pm pre shot...make sense?
    and you will see a drop soon as you get that dry kibble off the floor for good!

4. tecwmn

tecwmn Member

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Barbi and i read the links. OMG you are an angel to take in the special needs kitty.
    I think you will feel the rewards.
    I'm not sure if you posted a new post for the day yet but I am interested in keeping up with every test and every dose you give him
    Can you set up a spread sheet?
    If not perhap you can ask for help on that in either community, health or tech. I myself got help cause I'm not really good on the computor.
    That SS as we call it will be your next most valuable tool.
    And again, what a wonderful lady to take this baby in.
    Lori

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.