? How to express late insulin dose on SS?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Paigeworthy, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Morning.
    Long story short, River's AMPS was lower than expected, so we gave her some time to bounce back after she ate, then I gave her her regular insulin (I have posted about this in the Lantus ISG).
    What is the best way to note this late dosing on my SS and with my +2 +4 etc. numbers?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You could do it in the notes section on the right of your SS or at "@ +14" right inside the cell where you entered what the dose is. I think I read on your L thread that you were two hours late, right?

Paigeworthy likes this.
  3. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Cool — I'll try that.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

The number you actually shoot is always the Pre-shot

So if your "usual" AMPS was 71 but you stalled two hours until she was 224, the 224 is the AMPS

You'd put all 3 tests in the AMPS cell (you'll have to color code it yourself)

You'd put 71 @ +12, 114@+13, 224@+14

Then your other + cells will still read the same......the + cells always correspond to the number of hours since the last shot......so if you shot at +14, the +1 would still be 1 hour after you actually shot

Your PMPS test will be 2 hours later than "usual", but still 12 hours from the AM shot so no special notation necessary

5. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Got it.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Great job!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.