How to get affordable Lantus in the US

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gingembre1, Nov 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gingembre1

Gingembre1 Member

hi all,

I just bought my first bottle of Lantus yesterday, and wanted to share how I managed to get it for $99 here in the US.

If you go to the Lantus website, you can request/sign up for a savings card. Bring it with you to the pharmacy, and as long as your vet has a DEA number, you’ll be able to use the discount card. With the card, it brings the cost down from $300+ to $99 for the vial, and down to $145 for a box of 5 pens.

Some vets apparently don’t have a DEA number. If your vet does, it should show up automatically in the pharmacy system, but maybe have it with you just in case.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

3. Gingembre1

Gingembre1 Member

Well, using the savings card at Costco pharmacy, all they needed for it to work was the vet’s DEA number. Hopefully that will be the case for other pharmacies as well if you don’t have a Costco pharmacy nearby!

4. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

I applied for a Lantus savings card and it asked a lot of questions, things like date of birth, but it also said that you had to be a certain age to use the card. I did receive the card but I don't remember what name I used or whose DOB. There is no Costco's where I live, but their is a lot of others. Good Luck to you and your Kitty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.