Howdy Y'all!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ItsMeAngie, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsMeAngie

ItsMeAngie New Member

Devo is out sugar baby. He's a former feral we caught & tamed, along with his sisters Izzy & Keewe. We also have a really chubby rescue, Bandit, and two foster cats Remmy & Ziggy. The lone canine is a 120# "Mastador", who is mildly scared of the cats. We also have three pet chickens who literally rule the entire roost.

Devo was diagnosed 9/1/2015 and has been OTJ for 4 days now. We test morning and night. After diagnoses we switched him from dry kibble to pate only. Except for when he puts on his kitty ninja suit and sneaks into Bandit's kibble, but we are working on getting Bandit off of his carb addiction.

ETA: When needed, Devo receives ProZinc.

In advance, nice to meet y'all!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Welcome. Yu seem to be doing everything right.

ItsMeAngie likes this.
  3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi Angie, wow you have quite a brood! It's great that you got Devo OTJ so quickly. As Larry says, you seem to be doing everything right! It's wonderful that you've taken the time to tame ferals. I've done that a few times myself and I know it takes a lot of time and patience. If you have any questions, please ask. There's a lot of feline knowledge around here!

ItsMeAngie likes this.
  4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

When you have a moment, could you add a few tidbits to your signature? It will help us give you feedback.

Editing your Signature

In the upper right corner of the screen, within the dark blue bar, you will see ID, Inbox, and Alerts

Click on your ID.

On the left, under Settings, Click on Signature.
    This is where you will put information that helps us give you feedback. You are limited to 2hard returns, so separate pieces by | or -.
    This is where you paste the link for your spreadsheet, once it is set up.
    Add any other text, such as your name | cat's name | date of Dx (diagnosis) | insulin | meter general location (city and state/province) any other pertinent issues like if there are any food issues, history of DKA, hepatic lipidosis, pancreatitis, allergies, IBD, etc.

Click the Save Changes button at the bottom.

Always click the Save Changes button at the bottom when you have changed anything.

ItsMeAngie likes this.
  5. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

And here I thought that Whisper was the only one with a Kitty Ninja Suit for clandestine kibble activities!

It sounds like you have done a great job, and by the "y'all", it also sounds like you must be in my corner of the country :)

BJM gave you all the great technical stuff, but I'll add that we'd all love to see a pic of Devo.

Nice to meet you and the crew, Angie. I'm Sandi. I'm new-ish and can't help with much technical diabetes stuff, I leave that for the experts, but I try to be around with general cat questions. We have a clowder of six right now (only one is diabetic).

Fingers and paws crossed that you keep on the great path that you are on now!

ItsMeAngie likes this.
  6. ItsMeAngie

ItsMeAngie New Member

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

I don't have a spreadsheet. I know I need to fix that but found an app that I really like, does reports, etc.

Sandi I'm in a 'burb of Dallas. :)

Checking how my signature looks.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Angie and welcome to you and gang. Yes, you are doing something right to get Devo OTJ! Congrats to you both. Good that you want to continue down the low carb path because once a diabetic cat, always a diabetic cat even if in remission and higher carb food could bounce him back into insulin land. So, keep up the good work and you might want to get your own ninja suit to spar with Devo.
    Looks like Whisper has competition! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.