http://www.boots.com/accu-chek-performa-nano-blood-glucose-system-10216436

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by bar, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bar

bar Member

Hi, rather than order and chance christmas post for an accu check aviva which has been recommended here but I cannot find other than online - has anyone tried the accu check performa which I can buy in Boots? many thanks - a lot to learn but after reading lots of posts over weekend - feel I am starting to get my head round it now, I hope !

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Should be OK. Check with the pharmacist about the size of blood drop it take. The smallest is best.

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

It takes 0.6 microliter sample size.....that's fairly big (in blood drop size)

You'll probably need to make sure the ear is good and warm and that you're using larger size lancets to make sure you get a big enough sample. (26-28 gauge lancets)

4. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hi, I think Monica @Monica Lewis might use this, or something similar...
    Have tagged her to see if she can help.

Edited to add: here's a link to where Monica mentions the meter:
    Hi from me and Molly, any advice please

Monica & Josie likes this.
  5. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

I think there's a meter called the Code-free which is available from Amazon and has had good reports from other UKers... the starter kit is good value and the strips - your biggest ongoing cost - are more reasonable than most, if I remember.
    If you have pet insurance you may be able to claim these costs, or a percentage of them.
    Good luck finding one and let us know what you decide.

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

It is relative. I have used a meter that required 3 ul of blood and did OK. For many years a used One Touch meter and that used 1 ul. I like that but the strips goot too expensive. Now I use a meter that uses 0.6 ul and have no problem

7. Monica & Josie

Monica & Josie Member

Apologies everyone for the delay in responding, notifications been playing up so only seen this!:banghead:

Yes this is what we use and so far it's been fairly reliable. Never used anything else so can't really compare or comment on the amount of blood it needs but so far we've been managing alright and only had a few error messages due to insufficient amount of blood in the past 9 months.
    Also we find it very convenient that we can just to go to Boots and take the boxes of test strips straight off the shelves whenever we are running out of them..

8. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I use accucheck Aviva - similar to proforma. Never had any issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.