Human glucometer question!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nemosmomma, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemosmomma

Nemosmomma Member

Hi All! I'm in walmart and need to know if the Relion Premier Blu is ok to get? It says it takes a small sample of blood and the pharmacist said they don't carry the micro anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    Amy

2. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

The premier compact isn't as fancy, but it comes with strips, lancets, and pokey device. Not sure what all the Blu comes with. You may find you like some of the extra features. I never cared about them.

Nemosmomma likes this.
  3. Beta kitty

Beta kitty Member

I use the Relion Premier Voice, not sure if it's similar to the Blu. Mine is ok but sometimes I get an error message because the blood drop is too small. If I take the time to warm her ear I don't have a problem with this though. Overall I'm satisfied with it and the strips are super cheap $18 for 100.

4. Nemosmomma

Nemosmomma Member

Yes the premier Blu was right next to premier voice...I think the Blu hooks up to Bluetooth. All I care about is small amount of blood and accurate reading and YES the strips were right in my price range- cheap!:D

5. Nemosmomma

Nemosmomma Member

I'll have to look at the box again, I read to many things while I was in that area! Lol. However the strips were cheap!

6. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

The way blood is collected makes a difference too. I was stuck on the micro, because it takes half the blood of the premier or the accu-check. We just happened to run out of strips and had purchased a back-up meter. The Accu-Chek Guide take as much blood, but it takes blood all along the edge of the strip, so you're not trying to funnel blood into a tiny area. I have found we get less errors and have less problems with this guy than we have with the other meters.

EDIT: The strips are not as cheap as the compact, but we use less of them because we do not have as many errors.

Nemosmomma likes this.
  7. racn1320

racn1320 Member

I use confirm,which is now discontinued and prime.

Nemosmomma likes this.
  8. Nemosmomma

Nemosmomma Member

I've decided the best thing for me to do right now is try this ReliOn Premier Blu. I have it and test strips and can get more easily if I need. If it sucks I'll at least have time to do more research and purchase a better one next month.

Tina and Boozle likes this.
  9. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

All the Walmart Premier models should give the same result(within the tolerance of the meters) since they measure BG the same, use the same strips and difference is in the features like they speak (Voice) or they upload BG reading to you phone with an app via bluetooth (Blu)

Nemosmomma likes this.
  10. Amina&M'row

Amina&M'row Member

I just got the relion "prime"; M'row just got diagnosed Jan. 1st 2019 so I dont have vast experience, but this one was the right price and works fine. Consumer Reports magazine says they're all about the same in terms of accuracy, BTW. Federal gov't standards say they all have to give values within 20% of actual value. With relion, they will send you reference solutions so you can check your monitor, for free. Purrs and good luck to everyone! And this model only needs a tiny drop of blood, too.

Nemosmomma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.