? Human meter comparisons

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mimis mom, Nov 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

I have the freestyle lite and the Relion. I only just started using the Relion after I was using Alphatrak because of the cost, as well as the cost of the freestyle lite strips (I also thought the pet meter was the best one to use but I’ve learned since that doesn’t matter)
    The freestyle lite uses .3 and the Relion uses .5 (they had ones that used .3 but for some reason decided to DC those- I called the company and they had no answers as to why- just that they came out with new meters-BUT those use .5 of blood, which I’ve found is a lot more when you’re trying to get some from a cat’s ear.

My QUESTION is-
    Are all human meters created equal or do some notoriously read higher or lower than others? For instance I’ve tested Relion against freestyle and freestyle has been reading a good 10-15 points lower. This could cause a problem if you’re following tight regulation, so what numbers are the TR following against?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.