Human Meter vs Pet Meter

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lizzey and Errol, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzey and Errol

Lizzey and Errol Member

Hey ya'll! Errol is going on 2 months since he was diagnosed and I finally am in the process of switching to using a human meter. I have been using the Alpha Trak 2 meter and it is a wonderful meter but I can't afford to pay $50 a month to buy new strips. So this week I went to Walmart and bought the Relion Micro meter. This morning I was finally able to sit down and use it to check his levels. I drew the blood from his ears and first used the Alpha Trak and got 235 (which is high for him in general but we are working on bringing his levels back down) and then I tested with the Relion meter and got 327. I know that there is a difference in the numbers between the human and pet meter but how do I start using a human meter vs a pet meter?

2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

That is very strange. Human meters always read lower than pet meters. Perhaps you could do another test with the Relion to double check the reading. Do you have a number of tests that you have done with the AT2 meter? Are they always within what you could call a "usual" reading with Errol. The other thing you could do is to test yourself with the Relion meter. Normal ranges for a person should be 70-125 depending in when you have eaten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.