HUNGRY and complicated?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sabrina&Jackson, Jun 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabrina&Jackson

Sabrina&Jackson Member

Okay, ya'll help me piece through this. Jack was just tested positive for mild pancreatitis I don't get how it's mild but he was vomiting every night and the diarrhea was mild but, well, shitty. So now he's on anti-nausea and antibiotics. AND HE IS CLEARLY FEELING BETTER. But since he isn't feeling nauseous he's like hella hungry.
    Mind you he's still on only wet food, same units, same everything except for the added meds.
    All of a sudden the cat is acting like he doesn't get fed -- if you open up his spreadsheet you'll see a bunch of HU for hungry with a note when you hover over the box. Like he is tearing through cans.
    **I know we have an info page of feeding.** I've read it multiple times and for some reason, it doesn't sit well with me to keep throwing food at him even though he needs to gain weight. His BG is everywhere lol and his urine output went up (clumps aren't as big as before but more than before the anti-nausea) and his stool is soft and a super light brown.
    The closest thing I can come to on here is Liver Disease? But he's eating and super energetic. Like right now he's so frustrated with me that he's kneading the carpet next to his food bowl o_O
    I'm sorry to bring up feeding when it's been sticky-ed already but this is weird -- what if the amount of food I give him is making his glucose freak out? Shoot some ideas at me guys and gals, please.
    Much love and appreciation. :cat:

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Has he been checked for hyperthyroidism?

3. Sabrina&Jackson

Sabrina&Jackson Member

Oh, I don't think so. I think I'll call and ask if it was part of the blood work on Monday. Thank you.

4. Sabrina&Jackson

Sabrina&Jackson Member

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

That just came to mind when you said he was eating like he is starving and peeing extra. So, something to consider.

Sabrina&Jackson likes this.
  6. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

The only thing that occurred to me was to perhaps offer baked chicken breast pieces. They are more dense than the canned food and might satisfy him longer, plus low carb. I hope you can figure this out. :bighug:

Sabrina&Jackson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.