Hypoglycemia

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MelFish, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelFish

MelFish New Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the group. Someone mentioned a hypo kit. Where do you find this? My Smokey had a low reading tonight 3.4mmol and scared me to death. I've spent the last hour reading in this group. I have alot of learning and reading to do! Thank you! Melanie

2. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Melanie!!.....there's no "hypo kit" that you can go out and buy like a first aid kit.

It's just a collection of supplies that you always have ready in case you need it. Some people put everything together in one place (like a drawer/cabinet, special place of any kind) but as long as you have everything somewhere you can access quickly, that's what's important.

Some of the basics are a bottle of Karo, honey or maple syrup, several cans of medium carb and high carb foods (MC is 11-15% carbs, HC is higher than 16%), an extra box of test strips, the phone number for the nearest ER vet and something for the human once it's all over.....chocolate or liquor are often suggested ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.