I 8-5-18 “Nelli AMPS 375 help with setting up spreadsheet please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Krystina & Nelli, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

I am extremely confused and frustrated- I cannot get SS into felinediabetes.com :-|

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Krystina. I am tagging @Marje and Gracie to see if she can help with your SS. I am a tech mo mo or I would help.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  3. Krystina & Nelli

Chris and China are in process of helping me

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh good ! I had to have help setting mine up.

5. Krystina & Nelli

Jeezy-Peasy... I am so frustrated.
    Since being raised last Friday PM (@ vet advice!?!) I Think I should increase her dose tonight by .05 but want to wait to get my spreadsheet up with numbers for member reviews & advise first. Scared to death to make a move by myself just yet!

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Please PM me if you need any help with the SS in case Chris runs out of time.

7. Krystina & Nelli

How do I PM (private message)?!?

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Click on the upper right hand corner of this page on Inbox. A drop box will drop. Click on Conversation, then on Start a Conversation. Start to type in Marje and Gracie and you'll see her profile picture and then click on that. Put SS in the Subject line and give her your email info. She will instruct you from there.

9. Krystina & Nelli

No word back yet... Chris and China asked if I’d like her/him to set up SS for me- earlier today.
    I will wait until 7P EST if no word from C&C, I will then contact Marji and Gracie.

10. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry....I had to go deal with something with my mom but it's done now

11. Krystina & Nelli

Ok. Hope all ok...
    Thanks.
    Based upon Nelli consistent high numbers since going from two units three units a week ago Friday evening now, I believe she needs an increase in dose tonight of .05- I am afraid to do this until/befor my spreadsheet is viewed by other members.

12. Chris & China (GA)

Going from 2U to 3U is a huge increase.....I'd really suggest hanging in there a little longer and stay with the 3U dose until we can see the spreadsheet

High numbers are scary, but they do take time to do damage.....the low ones kill quickly

13. Krystina & Nelli

Ok. I agree on stay with 3U until SS can be viewed

14. Krystina & Nelli

Do I “copy link” or is it in Forum... somewhere :)?

15. Chris & China (GA)

The link goes into your signature where this other information is. Just open your signature box, copy the link and paste it into the signature
    upload_2018-8-5_19-23-3.png

16. Krystina & Nelli

17. Chris & China (GA)

18. Krystina & Nelli

Standing by to give PM... up it or not.

19. Krystina & Nelli

My spreedsheet is LIVE :)!

20. Chris & China (GA)

I think you could go up to 3.25, but it's important to start getting tests on the PM cycle too

Think of your spreadsheet like it's a puzzle....if you only have half the pieces filled in, you don't know if it's a puppy or a kitten in the other half because you're missing half the picture!

21. Krystina & Nelli

When you referred to shots test on PM cycle how often through the night should I be doing this and at what +
    I will give her 3.25 now.
    Since we are about an hour late with insulin, is it important for me to bump up an hour in the morning to get the full 12 hours?

22. Krystina & Nelli

Test not “shot test!?!

23. Chris & China (GA)

You can work your way back to your preferred shooting times by adjusting 15 minutes per cycle or 30 minutes per day

I'd start with getting a +2 as often as you can. A lot of times, if you can get a +2, that can almost "predict" what will happen later in the cycle (although with some cats, the +3 is a better predictor)

If the +2 is about the same as the Pre-shot, it's usually going to be a pretty normal cycle....gradually down to nadir and then gradually back up again.

If the +2 is higher than the PS, it could be signaling the beginning of a bounce....those cycles you can usually test less often

If the +2 is lower than the PS, that's your "early warning" that you should plan on getting more tests later in the cycle because they could be dropping a lot lower during that cycle

The importance of getting other tests depends on how she's doing at that point but most of us will at least try to get one other test in later in the cycle (a lot of us will drink a big glass of water in the evening so we "have" to get up in the middle of the night anyway....as long as we're up, we grab a test....LOL)

24. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, please test in the PM cycle as a lot of kitties go lower in the PM and then you will see higher numbers in the AM due to bouncing.

Since you are shooting an hour late tonight you will shoot 12 hours from the time you shot tonight. You can shoot 1/2 hour earlier in the morning to help regain your schedule or 15 minutes in each cycle earlier until you regain your cycle. If she were to be on the lower side tomorrow AM I would not shoot earlier.

And always test before you give insulin.

25. Chris & China (GA)

26. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Chris.
    I will test 3 hours in PM cycle tonight... The water, great idea and not a good idea to take 1/2 sleeping aid!?!
    “If she would Be on the lower side in the a.m.…” What do you consider lower side?
    Thanks again from the bottom of my heart (and Nellie too, although she doesn’t know it yet), I appreciate all of your help.

27. Bobbie And Bubba

We will look for you over in Lantus Forum!

28. Bobbie And Bubba

I would say under 150 if you are newly diagnosed. You might want to add the diagnosis date in your signature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.