I don't think Sya feels that well

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by K. Sya and Sophie (GA), Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

K. Sya and Sophie (GA) Member

My Sya was orignially diagnosed last month when I brought her in after 3 days of diarreah. The dirreah started out as loose stool and got really light color. Appetite never changed. (understanding now that was because she wasn't getting nutrients) After a week on metronidizole stool issue resolved itself. Of course got the dx of diabetes (BG 300 sugar in urine) Started insulin. Upped dose Saturday. Was trying to stay calm about the fluctuations, but her stool has really started to head back to its original bad state, and I just don't feel like she feels all that well. She's eating well and all...just off (and of course the loose stools) Crummy numbers tonight. Gonna test again at +5. Think its time for a call to the vet :cry:

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

I see that you mention dry food a couple of times on the spreadsheet. Have you tried to completely nix that yet? That could definitely have an influence on the glucose numbers. What insulin are you using? You have been at 1.5U for quite a few days now. I would up the dose to 2U for your next shot. Are you testing for ketones? If there is any trace amount there, then you should think about being a little more aggressive with upping the dose - every 4 days or so when needed versus every week or more.

I also noticed that you saw a change in her poo after giving Evo. If she isn't used to wet food at all, this may be her tummy getting used to it also. Have you tried other LC foods to see if it effects her tummy?

3. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

K. Sya and Sophie (GA) Member

We're down to just a few pieces of dry in the morning and evening. She's mostly on Wellness grain free canned. Right now she eats 4.5 ounces AM and 3 ounces PM. (more in PM if she's frantic hungry) She's 15.6 lbs.. She's tolerated that really well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.